Protecting your personal information is really important to us. We want you to understand what information we gather about you, how we use it, who we disclose it to, and how to correct or change it.
1 – Collection of information
We may collect two types of information about you:
- personal information, which you provide if you create an account with us, choose to submit user generated content, use our “co-sign manifesto” form on our Website or sign up to receive emails from us; and
- aggregate information, which is generated by our systems which track traffic to the Website but does not relate to you personally.
We will only collect personal information that is necessary to provide the Website and support our business activities. This may include:
- first and last names;
- physical address;
- telephone number;
- email address;
- content you post or upload to the Website; and
- any other information relating to you that you provide to us through other methods (e.g. customer service interactions) or that is publicly available.
If you do not provide necessary personal information when requested, this may result in certain services or functionality not being available to you.
2 – Use of information
We will never rent or sell your personal information. Any personal information you provide may be used for the following purposes:
- to send you emails that you have subscribed to through your nominated email address;
- to send you alerts in relation to important information about the Website;
- email address;
- to monitor, develop and improve the Website and ensure that content of the Website and is presented in the most effective way;
- to keep the Website relevant and interesting;
- to investigate any complaints relating to the misuse of the Website or any content featured on them;
- to comply with our legal obligations;
- to respond to any questions or comments you have sent to us;
- unless you opt out, to send you promotions or information about the Website; and
- any other use that you authorise.
3 – Disclosure of information
We will only share your personal information with other organisations or individuals in the following limited circumstances:
- We engage other companies and individuals to perform services on our behalf. Examples include: providing hosting and web services, sending communications, analysing data, providing marketing assistance, and processing card payments. Some of these companies may be located outside of New Zealand. We will ensure that they agree to use personal information only as required to perform their functions (which may include ongoing improvement of their products/services), and not for other purposes. We will also ensure that they agree to process personal information in accordance with applicable privacy laws.
- We may need to disclose personal information to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or government request.
- If we consider you are infringing the intellectual property rights or other rights of any person, we may disclose relevant information to the relevant authorities, any internet search provider that you use to access the Website, or the applicable rights holders (or their representatives).
4 – Cookies and tracking
We may use a cookie file containing information that can identify the computer or other device you are working from. The cookie file is anonymous and is only used to identify visits from the same web browser.
We may use the information generated by cookies to:
- track traffic patterns to and from the Website, including information like the pages you visit, the time you spend on each page, the date and time of your visit, and pages you came from or go to
5 – Links to other sites
The Website may contain links to other sites and third party applications, which may not follow the same privacy policies that we adopt. We recommend that you check any relevant privacy policies before providing your personal information to any third party.
6 – Analytics
We use software and systems which analyse information about our Website, such as the number of page views, the number of unique visitors, how long these visitors spend on the Website, and common entry and exit points into and from the Website. This information is collected and aggregated so you cannot be identified personally, and no personal information is stored about you.
7 – Opting in and opting out
You have the option to choose not to receive certain types of communications from us. Any emails we send will always contain a link at the bottom enabling you to unsubscribe, or you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org If you elect not to receive communications or ask to be removed from a mailing list and you have an account with us, we may still send you communications where necessary to provide you with details of changes to the EX Manifesto.
8 – Changes to our Policy
We may change this policy at any time. If possible (unless a more urgent change is required by law or reasonably required for other reasons) we will notify you via the Website or by email at least 7 days before the updated policy becomes effective. By continuing to use the Website, you agree to be bound by the updated policy so you should check regularly for any changes. If you believe that any changes to our policy have a material adverse impact on you, please contact us to discuss this.
9 – Holding, correcting and updating
Any personal information that you provide to us will be collected and held by:
- us at Level 8, 175 Victoria Street, Te Aro, Wellington, 6011, New Zealand; and
Subject to certain grounds for refusal in the Privacy Act 2020, you have the right to access your readily retrievable personal information that we hold and to request a correction to your personal information. We will first need evidence from you to confirm that you are the individual the personal information relates to.
If you request a correction, we will make it if we think the correction is reasonable and we are reasonably able to change the personal information. If we do not make the correction, we will take reasonable steps to note on the personal information that you requested the correction.
If you would like to access, delete or correct your information, please contact us at email@example.com.
10 – More information
For information about New Zealand’s Privacy Act 2020 and how it protects the personal information of individuals in New Zealand, please visit: www.privacy.org.nz.